_

_
A PC Blog of the greatest player ever to play the game plus other favorites from my collection.

I am a Ichiro Super collector. I also collect Cano & #1/1 baseball cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Topps Dynasty: I feel like I made a deal

     It's been a while since I posted anything up here. I've been telling myself to get into a better habit of posting but the busy work life and other priorities make it a challenge sometimes. Anyway's I hope this is a start to more consistent posts to come.
     The start of baseball season has begun and the Seattle Mariners have already given me numerous headaches in the shape of blown leads and walk off losses. It's only a week in, I hope they can turn it around soon as I know it's very early. But we in Seattle are too used to this!
   For this post I wanted to share some of my Topps Dynasty cards. I have always been intrigued with this set since its inaugural release in 2014. A box only consists of one card. A price tag of ~$300. Just think about that for a second... People constantly run the numbers on ROI (return of investment) on box breaks. It's gets pretty simple to calculate when your dealing with a box that contains one card! It is the ultimate roll of the dice. Odds are you will not come out ahead, as all of us know going into any break but it becomes so very clear so very fast with Topps Dynasty.  I personally do not break boxes/cases I simply don't have the heart for it. I am not a gambling man. I do occasionally break retail blasters and packs purely for the fun of it with very minimal costs associated with it.
    If you hit a Ichiro, Jeter, Harper, Bryant, Griffey Jr, Trout and a few others then Bam you covered your costs and then some! But if you hit a Bobby Abreu then you just lost $270 just like that. I won a Abreu auto for $30 on eBay & it got lost in transit & I was refunded. So I was very bummed I wasn't able to receive that card. I buy a bunch of Dynasty cards if the price is right, knowing these came out of a $300 one card box gives me a lot of excitement. Like I got a "deal" I suppose. Of course not all cards are bargains, I did spend close to or more then a cost of a box worth for the Ichiro & some other 1/1's.
    All costs aside these are beautiful cards and I love collecting them.  Last count, I believe I have 18x Dynasty cards. Here are some of my favorites below. Thanks for reading! See you next time.

My first Dynasty Card. '14 Braun

'14 Dynasty Iwakuma #1/1

'15 Dynasty Kyle Seaver

'15 Dynasty Fielder #1/1

'16 Dynasty Fielder #1/1

'16 Dynasty Gray

'15 Dynasty Cano

'16 Dynasty Cano

'16 Dynasty King Felix #1/1

'15 Dynasty Ichiro

No comments:

Post a Comment