_

_
A PC Blog of the greatest player ever to play the game plus other favorites from my collection.

I am a Ichiro Super collector. I also collect Cano & #1/1 baseball cards.

Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Welcome to the beginning.

I always wanted to document the fun cards I  collect and share them with people who have the same passion and fun collecting baseball cards. I'm sure the majority of the time I'm the only one ever reading this, so then I guess it becomes a fun personal journal.   I was an avid collector 20 years ago as a kid and started back up about 3 years ago.  I realized I never really grew up and still share the same fun collecting my favorite players cards, organizing and displaying them. Locally the interest in baseball card collecting is moderate at best but seems to be strong across the nation.  When I first started getting back into the hobby 3 years back my wife bought me a cheap $5  topps rack pack at Target while shopping. I opened it up and found a blue redemption card in it, at the time I was still getting my feet wet on the state of the hobby and never seen one of these before but it stated I was due to receive a auto card which got me super excited. I did my research and realized these are actually pretty rare considering it came in a cheap rack pack. I'm not a big fan of Matt Holliday and I could have sold the redemption card at the height of its popularity after the cardinals won the world series but it has way too much sentimental value considering my wife got me the pack and it served as my first true nice card as my collection was just beginning again. So I redeemed it and received it about a month later and my collection kept growing ever since (though I still havent pulled another redemption card from retail since).  

No comments:

Post a Comment